This is a 4-pk of the DIY Root Seeker with 4 Reservoir Plugs added. The red Plugs are an optional feature used to reseal your bucket once the grommet is installed. With this kit you'll get 4 Root Seekers, 4 Rubber Grommets, and 4 red Plugs. Done correctly, your "home-built" systems will work as good as ours!
- Deep-release reduces water requirement from 15 to 5 gallons
- Soaked root-well promotes deeper, robust root systems
Naturally percolates into your soil (5 - 30 min)
- Self-Supporting - Will not stress trees like bags can
- Includes 4 Injector/Cap, 4 Grommets, and 4 Plugs
Instructions for DIY: Sheet included with your order.
Required tools: Electric drill, 1.375" drill bit, tape measure, and sharpie.
- Turn Bucket upside down
- Place a mark 1" from the edge
- Drill a hole with 1.375" Step Drill Bit
- Weave the grommet into the hole (easier when warm)
System Set-up and Use
- Push injector firmly into root-well just to the side of root ball
- For larger trees, use 3 units around the dripline
- Remove injector cap and toss it into reservoir
- Line up reservoir hole with injector and press down firmly
- Fill with water and any desired supplements
- 10" long injector soaks the root-well downward and outward
- Drain time is faster while settling the soil on new plantings
- When empty, remove reservoir and replace cap (optional)
- Use weekly for independent trees in 2 seasons