This kit adds the Drill Bit and 10 Reservoir Plugs to the DIY 10-pk. Use the Drill Bit as directed to cut the hole in your buckets. The red Plugs are an optional feature used to reseal your bucket once the grommet is installed. With this kit you'll get 10 Root Seekers, 10 Rubber Grommets, 10 red Plugs, and a drill bit. Done correctly, your "home-built" systems will work as good as ours!
- Deep-release reduces water requirement from 15 to 5 gallons
- Soaked root-well promotes deeper, robust root systems
Naturally percolates into your soil (5 - 30 min)
- Self-Supporting - Will not stress trees like bags can
- Includes 10 Injector/Cap, 10 Grommets, 10 Plugs, and 1 Drill Bit
Instructions for DIY: Sheet included with your order.
Required tools: Electric drill, tape measure, and sharpie.
- Turn Bucket upside down
- Place a mark 1" from the edge
- Drill a hole with 1.375" Step Drill Bit
- Weave the grommet into the hole (easier when warm)
System Set-up and Use
- Push injector firmly into root-well just to the side of root ball
- For larger trees, use 3 units around the dripline
- Remove injector cap and toss it into reservoir
- Line up reservoir hole with injector and press down firmly
- Fill with water and any desired supplements
- 10" long injector soaks the root-well downward and outward
- Drain time is faster while settling the soil on new plantings
- When empty, remove reservoir and replace cap (optional)
- Use weekly for independent trees in 2 seasons